Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Caprese Salad

I recently changed careers and am now working from home. So lunch can sometimes be a little hassle. In Singapore, it is so easy to walk out and buy something from the hawker center or food court, but I do not like having a heavy lunch. It makes me very unproductive in the afternoon and since I work from home, it is hard to restrain myself from naps. So, I have been trying to be healthy and making a light meal for myself. 


Like today, a refreshing caprese salad made a satisfying lunch and then its back to work!


Ingredients
1 large size tomato - I am a big fan of the Japanese tomatoes
1 mozzarella di buffalo - this ingredient is KEY, use a good one please!
Basil leaves, freshly picked or from the fresh herb section in the supermarket
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper


Preparation time: 7mins
Cooking time: none
Level of difficulty: Easy peasy

Wash and slice the tomato keeping a 0.5cm thickness and l
ine them up on a plate.

Slice the mozzarella di buffalo (it comes in a ball, drain the liquid and slice) and place on top of the tomatoes.
For the basil leaves, press each leaf to release its flavours before tearing them into small pieces and scatter them on top of the mozzarella.
Drizzle some olive oil on top and sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.

I have my balsamic vinegar on the side as not everyone likes it. However, you can lightly drizzle it with the olive oil if you are a fan. Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment