Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend in London

Suzy is spending her weekend in London to attending the wedding of a friend. They knew each other back in the days when, well, when they were young and beautiful. Still beautiful now, of course.

The bride was radiant, the groom looked like he was in a dream, the church was grandiose and suitably ancient. Everybody was happy, cheering and clapping when they exchanged vows and rings. After the church service, we adjourned at a nearby restaurant. Now that was when Suzy really woke up from her jetlagged daze.

Celeriac Baked in Ash with Wood Sorrel, Hazelnuts and a Kromeski of Wild Boar

Roast Cod with Truffle Puree, Cauliflower, Parmesan Gnocchi and Sea Vegetables

Passionfruit Souffle with Sauternes Ice Cream

*yums*

The lunch went on very smoothly until dessert. Suddenly the guests around me were stirred up. There was a passionate discussion about their preferred flavoured souffles served in the restaurant and the conclusion was that the raspberry souffle was the best. We were having the passionfruit version.

Not normally a huge fan of sweets, I was feeling strangely excited.

The waiter finally came around to serve me the famous dessert. I stared at it. It stood, warm and proud, in front of me. Hello, I'm Suzy and I'm going to eat you up. I thought to myself, licking my chops. No wait! A waitress came around with a large tablespoon of ice-cream and plunged it down the middle of my souffle. Stab, she went, and lifted the clean spoon out. *enjoy*

The souffle was s-u-b-l-i-m-e.

There was hush all around me as the guests focussed their full attention to the enjoyment of this little piece of paradise. Be sure that I will be testing out different souffle recipes in the coming weeks to recreate this perfect dream.

The restaurant's name? The Ledbury.

To my friends, R&J, I wish them a long and happy life together.

Have a good week ahead.
Love,
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment